This handsome Grandfather Hand Puppet is a 1930s rarity developed by the creative hands of workers from the Works Progress Administration (WPA), a program created by the US government to help the Great Depression. Granddad has a sweet old fashioned expression and is elegantly dressed in a fine cotton garment. His head is made from light papier mache and is finely hand painted. Even flocking is applied on the hair area. His hands are sewn and painted fabric. This puppet has been used over the years and there is some visible evidence of its age such as scuffs, paint loss, scratching and cracking on the head, that is still solid. Also note the stains on the fabric. The WPA stamp has faded away. Bring this delightful and rare piece of North American's history to your vintage collection!
- Condition: Used and pre-owned vintage hand puppet. Shows age and wear with scuffs, paint loss, scratching and cracking on the head, that is still solid. Dress is stained. WPA stamp has faded away. Please determine the condition by yourself, taking a close look at all pictures and asking questions.
- Origin: United States of America
- Brand: WPA
- Year: Circa 1930s
- Size: Approx. 15.5in/39cm tall
- Materials: paper mache, fabric
- The puppet stand is not included
WARNING: This vintage puppet does not comply with current safety standards and is intended for adult use only.