This gorgeous Gentleman Hand Puppet is a 1930s rarity developed by the creative hands of artists from the Works Progress Administration (WPA), a program created by the US government to help the Great Depression. Gentleman puppet has an adorable expression with a handle bar moustache. His head is made from light papier mache and is finely hand painted. The body and hands are made from fine cotton fabric nicely sewn. This puppet has been loved and shows age and wear. The head has some paint loss/scratching/cracking but is still solid. The fabric body and hands are stained and discolored. The WPA stamp can be found on the inside part of the body. Don't wait! Bring this delightful and rare piece of North American's history to your collection!
- Condition: Used and pre-owned vintage hand puppet. Shows age and wear. The head has paint loss/scratching/cracking but is still solid. The fabric body and hands are stained and discolored. The WPA stamp can be found on the inside part of the body. Please determine the condition by yourself, taking a close look at all pictures and asking questions.
- Origin: United States of America
- Brand: WPA
- Year: Circa 1930s
- Size: Approx. 16in/40cm tall
- Materials: paper mache, fabric, paint
- The puppet stand is not included
WARNING: This vintage puppet does not comply with current safety standards and is intended for adult use only.